Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sin Seng Nam @ Leboh Pasar Besar

Visited Sin Seng Nam few times, this shop should be quite familiar for those working around Masjid Jamek area. Sin Seng Nam is yet another Hainanese coffee shop, selling fried mee, toast, chicken chop, chicken rice, etc., I've heard a lot about their Hainanese chicken rice, but too bad until today, I still yet to try that because after 1pm usually only roasted chicken left.

Items below were accumulated in few visits, shot by both phone and camera.

The roasted chicken is quite nice, my only complaint it's a bit salty, but I think the Hainanese chicken should not have this problem.

If you don't feel like want to eat rice with chicken, you can give this curry fish a try.

This is Rojak Sotong (RM 3.20) by another Indian stall in Sin Seng Nam, taste just normal, nothing really outstanding.

My friend's father also selling Hainanese fried bihun mee, but after compare to Sin Seng Nam (RM 5), I have to admit this is really good. The only thing I don't like is the typical yellow noodle's smell, so I will switch to fried bihun next time. You may have to wait at least 10 minutes for this.

Hainanese chicken chop (RM 10), another popular dish here. I've tried Yut Kee's chicken chop and even both Yut Kee and Sin Seng Nam cannot impress me, but Sin Seng Nam still outshone others.

Other reviews:
WaiSikKai

Technorati Tags: + +

12 comments:

wk said...

The curry fish looks very oilly.

wmw said...

Oooh....though you say the rojak is nothing outstanding....I love sotong rendam!

jason said...

The chicken chop look deliciously appetising with plenty of gravy

MeiyeN said...

wow.....nice pics you took!!!!! so pro....makes da food looks so tempting! :D

tekko said...

wk : usually sour type of curry fish look like this ;-)

wmw : hehe... then should visit to try it out together with other Hainanese dishes. btw, rojak sotong at The Weld food court (years ago) not bad.

jason : yea, it looks gravy but the meat a bit dry (breast meat).

meiyen : paiseh... i'm still learning how to use my camera :-)

boo_licious said...

yum, must go try the chicken chop soon, heard so many good things abt it.

tekko said...

boo_licious : but for me the meat a bit dry, maybe it's usual for Hainanese chicken chop.

Jackson said...

aiyoyo...really like the way u take picture especially the chicken!!

tekko said...

jackson : thanks. if that chicken shot by my camera... quality should be better.

MeiyeN said...

tekko, no need to learn cause you are already very good in it! :D

pablopabla said...

I go there once a while to have eggs and toast after attending court :)

A bit pricey compared to other kopitiams but bearable due to its ambience :)

tekko said...

meiyen : err... really a lot more for me to learn.

pablopabla : lunch time really pack... so sometimes I'm "pai seh" to order toast and eggs.