Friday, May 26, 2006

Hung Kee @ Jalan Loke Yew

Passed by this shop... should more than 100 times already when I worked somewhere at Jalan Sungei Besi few years ago, but never try before. After read about it at CharKueyTeow.com, finally decided to give it a try.

The shop is located along Jalan Loke Yew (see map at bottom), always packed from breakfast until lunch hour. Hung Kee should be a restaurant selling varieties of Chinese food initially, of course they are still selling that till today, but from what I heard, they are more famous with their Wantan mee. I dare not say I'm expert in Wantan mee, but to be honest, I didn't find any good Wantan mee in KL, quality drop usually caused by the "noodle" itself only.

Again, I've ordered "lots" of food. It was too crowded that day, so I and SG have to share table with an old couple... and they seems can't believe I can finish my orders. :p

Wantan mee

Bowl of Wantan

Char Siu and Siu Yoke (roasted pork)

Mushrooms chicken claws (冬菇鸡脚)

I've no idea how much they cost individually... all the food + 2 drinks total RM 29. So how's the quality? hmm... their noodles deserved to be one of the best in KL (because hardly see any good around). The rest of the food... just "ok" for me. Wantan no special at all, mushrooms chicken claws I'm more prefer my mum's style or Sisters Char Kuey Teow in Penang, Char Siu I will go for Tengkat Tong Sin and Siu Yoke to either Mooi Mooi or others...

But overall, they are not bad already. They occupied 2 shops along Jalan Loke Yew, one with aircon and they also have another outlet in Cheras, but I don't have the details.

map_hungkee

Technorati Tags: + + + +

10 comments:

Nine3 Nine 3 said...

This shop everyone knows cut throat but still alot of people.

The thong Shin Char siew which one you refer?

tekko said...

nine3 nine 3 : The one along road next to Jalan Alor, middle house, selling only Char Siu and chicken.

She's Jess said...

the one in cheras is located in tmn shamelin

fooDcrazEE said...

thats a lot of food even for 2 person....omg - look at the siew yoke...delish

tekko said...

she's jess : Thanks for the info.

foodcrazee : Ha ha... it's really lot of food, but I still manage to finish all, but full till dinner.

earl-ku said...

food here is actualy rather pricey, only go there for the siu yuk and charsiew ...

but the charsiew here is not as good as the one in Alor, the one opposite the Ngau Kee beef noodle ... the old uncle who sells char siew rice ...

tekko said...

earl-ku : Yes yes, I like that Char Siu too!

Tummythoz said...

Opp Ngau Kee? Corner coffeeshop called Ching Hai, rite? I did a post on the Sar Hor Fun stall. Prefer the charsiew there compared to the middle shop - too sweet, teeth cannot tahan.

tekko said...

tummythoz : Opps... I like the middle one, yeap, I admitted, it's a bit too sweet.

thenomadGourmand said...

hunting ard lookin for gd char siew recommendations.. thks for the map!