Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Asia Cafe @ Subang Jaya

Finally I'm here, Asia Cafe @ Subang Jaya, thanks boo_licious! Really heard a lot about this food court, not too easy to find (for me)... and this place, really lots of food... First glance I already fall in love with this food court, must visit here more often to cover all the food.

So what I had for starters? Hunt around and found this, Stall 51, suppose to be a stall selling popiah, but they also sell some other snacks at the same time. I've ordered Samosa (RM 5)... taste like curry puff fillings in deep fried popiah skin, normal taste but special combination, the only problem, its portion too big.

...and of course, their Popiah (RM 3). This is just plain old popiah, nothing special at all, maybe I'm not a popiah lover...

My main course today, Stall 17, English Herbs Roasted Chicken (RM 7.90). Attracted by them because they have a big chicken-roasting machine, roasting chicken like what you see at Kenny Rogers. You can choose either Jamaican or English Herbs and their price is very reasonable. About the quality... hai... normal roasted chicken. Jamaican Chicken at Checkers taste a lot better (but of course... this is a lot cheaper).

After finished my roasted chicken... hmm... still not enough, need to find some snacks to fill my stomach. Spotted Stall 64, this should be the only Chee Cheong Fun stall in KL / Selangor area selling Chee Cheong Fun with red sweet sauce. Yep, I like the red sweet sauce more than the black / brown sweet sauce, so I decided to order their Golden Chee Cheong Fun (RM 3.30).

I like to eat Chee Cheong Fun (not KL one), but this Golden C.C.F for me... not good. I managed to finish it (of course), but it just tastes like "soft version" of popiah. Ha ha... I've another popiah today.

Lastly, my dessert, I bought this from Stall 44, Mixed Cold Bean Curd (RM 3.80). Well... something special at least, not so ordinary bean curd, should taste better if they store it cooler.

Stall 17, 44, 51, 64
Asia Cafe
SS15, Subang Jaya (next to Inti College)


Technorati Tags: +

11 comments:

boo_licious said...

Wow! You ate so many stuff. If we both combine efforts, think we can cover all the stalls there! The fruit topped bean curd place is where I had my mochi and mango pancake.

Sue said...

There are some new things there now, like the roasted chicken! Gosh, I haven't been there in ages! It's time to pay Asia Cafe a visit!

cyber-red said...

asia cafe is overrated

tekko said...

boo_licious : Ha ha... yeap, frankly, I can't finish the Samosa, "tah pao" it back :p. I saw that mochi too... but... too full lah.

sue : This is just my first time there, not sure which stall is new, but definitely will visit more often.

::Lord Apprentice:: said...

good ness, u really stuffed yer face with all that food..

personally...i enjoy a couple of beers there. not that the beers are super tasty, just that when one is hungry, there is food a plenty!

tekko said...

cyber-red : We didn't say Asia Cafe's food is fantastic, we just say it has plenty of food choice.

::lord apprentice:: : Yep, outdoor environment good for beer, got big TV somemore.

Papi said...

yeah, been there a couple of times, nothing to shout about really. It has plenty of selection but when I got there, I dun really what to eat.

swee said...

the nicest thing about asia cafe (for me) are.. the fried mushrooms, and the pool tables upstairs.. hahahaha

Anonymous said...

you should try my uncle's(peter) curry puffs(9am - 5 pm)at the small stall next to the HOTLINK stall, just Rm1.00 and delicious..sells lots of them during non-holidays..

tekko said...

papi : This is just my first time, I dare not say after 10 times I will not feel the same as u...

swee : Will try it in my next visit.

anonymous : Until 5pm only... I usually visit there during dinner time ler.

Sin Yee said...

i been there once. never know there is an magnificent place for dine. so many choices. i ate korean food that day, recommanded by my friend, large portion, but not as good as i expected. don know how to go there again